Complying with FATCA - the Foreign Accounts Tax Compliance Act
More Trainings by this Expert
Miles Hutchinson, experienced CGMA and financial analyst, will discuss the basic principles of FATCA, the affected businesses and individuals, the new and revised forms to effect compliance and provide you with simplifying charts and tables to help you determine your steps to full compliance. He will provide practical instructions and guidance for applying FATCA and will identify the key issues that will help you avoid potential penalties for noncompliance.
Why should you attend:Don't be the last one to learn of your reporting and withholding obligations and don't fall victim to the huge penalties that can accrue for noncompliance. Join us for this 90 minute webinar on this complicated new law and how to comply with your withholding and reporting obligations.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- What is FATCA
- Who is affected-there is more to this than just the FFI reporting requirements
- Briefing on the two Model Intergovernmental Agreements
- Impacts of FATCA on forms 1099, 8938, & FBAR-FinCEN 114 (fka TD F 90-22.1)
- Useful tables and charts for determining the definitions of foreign financial assets requiring reporting under FATCA
- Exceptions to reporting
- Penalty risks for noncompliance, including the extended statute of limitations
- Case study - a tale of two offenders with significantly different outcomes
- References to other rich resources to help keep you up-to-date
Who Will Benefit:
- Compliance Officers
- Information Reporting Officers
- Tax Managers
- Accounting Managers
- Bank Managers
Miles Hutchinson is a CGMA and experienced businessman. He has been an auditor with PriceWaterhouseCoopers and the Chief Financial Officer of a $1 billion real estate development company. He is a highly sought after professional speaker and consultant who has presented over 1000 seminars and training sessions on a myriad of business and financial topics, such as financial analysis and modeling, accounting matters, strategic planning, and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. His clients include, Abbott Labs, Citicorp, the FBI, GE, Pfizer, and the US Marine Corps.