How to Write and Implement Effective Policies & Procedures
More Trainings by this Expert
Miles Hutchinson, experienced CGMA and financial analyst, will discuss the basic principles of policy and procedure design, how to plan a project, including a detailed project budget, how to write clear and concise standards, how to obtain senior management approval of your policies and procedures, how to ensure compliance with those procedures, and the most efficient way to keep your processes up-to-date. He will provide practical instructions and guidance for testing the quality of your accounting procedures.
Why should you Attend:This webinar can help you develop a solid plan to move your organization toward regulatory compliance, efficiency improvements, standardized processes, and adequate documentation of your policies and procedures.
Bonus: Use Mr. Hutchinson's MicrosoftTM ExcelTM-based project planning tools to organize the steps, timeline, project leaders and teams. Learn the best resources to help you complete the project with stellar results.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Starter Question: There's so much to do! Where and how do I begin?
- How to prioritize your list of needed procedures
- Aligning the role of policies and procedures with your business model
- How to involve the right people to ensure acceptance and success
- How to write a practical and effective leadership endorsement memo
- Step-by-step action plan for smooth development and rollout of new policies
- Useful templates and plans to develop your policies and procedures
- Where and how to introduce internal controls into the development process
- How to use the power of language to design unequivocal action-oriented procedures
- How to provide for exception transactions
- Don't reinvent the wheel - where to find samples of pre-written policies and policies and procedures to help you finish this project in record time
Who Will Benefit:
- Accounting Managers
- Chief Finance Officers
- Risk Managers
- Internal Audit Managers
Miles Hutchinson is a CGMA and experienced businessman. He has been an auditor with PriceWaterhouseCoopers and the Chief Financial Officer of a $1 billion real estate development company. He is a highly sought after professional speaker and consultant who has presented over 1000 seminars and training sessions on a myriad of business and financial topics, such as financial analysis and modeling, accounting matters, strategic planning, and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. His clients include, Abbott Labs, Citicorp, the FBI, GE, Pfizer, and the US Marine Corps.