Introduction to Payroll Law
Join us for a quick introduction and help ensure your company pays your employees fairly and handles tax and other withholdings properly.
More Trainings by this Expert
Are you responsible for payroll or employer tax withholding compliance? Or maybe you were recently hired or promoted into the payroll department. During your indoctrination you are surprised at all the interesting things to do and how important this role is to the success of the company.
Learn where to find the authoritative rules to support your policies and procedures. Accelerate your learning using our organized and thoughtful delivery and determine to step into your role with confidence.
Why you should Attend: If you are concerned about your company’s ability to comply with U.S. labor and payroll laws, join us for a quick introduction and help ensure your company pays your employees fairly and handles tax and other withholdings properly.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Who must be treated as an employee v. who may be treated is an independent contractor
- Worker classifications under the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Other IRS worker classifications
- What constitutes compensable travel time under the Portal Act
- Who is entitled to Overtime Pay
- What qualifies as hours of work
- Call back and Show-up pay
- Form W-4 Exemption Allowance Issues
- How to use Form SS-8 and what to never do with this form
- Form 941 quarterly Employee Earnings and Tax Withholding Report
- Payroll Managers
- Payroll clerks
- HR Managers
- Information Reporting Officers
- Tax Managers
- Compliance Officers
- Compliance Managers
- Accounting Managers
Miles Hutchinson is a CGMA and experienced businessman. He has been an auditor with PriceWaterhouseCoopers and the Chief Financial Officer of a $1 billion real estate development company. He is a highly sought after professional speaker and consultant who has presented over 1000 seminars and training sessions on a myriad of business and financial topics, such as financial analysis and modeling, accounting matters, strategic planning, and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. His clients include, Abbott Labs, Citicorp, the FBI, GE, Pfizer, and the US Marine Corps.