Excel's Data Management Tools
September 1, 2020
10:00 AM PDT | 01:00 PM EDT
More Trainings by this Expert
Product Id : 503229
Live: One Dial-in One Attendee
Corporate Live: Any number of participants
Recorded: Access recorded version, only for one participant unlimited viewing for 6 months ( Access information will be emailed 24 hours after the completion of live webinar)
Corporate Recorded: Access recorded version, Any number of participants unlimited viewing for 6 months ( Access information will be emailed 24 hours after the completion of live webinar)
Microsoft says that up to 70% of users surveyed use Excel to maintain a database or large lists. To be truly proficient in Excel, you must be familiar with these tools to manage data efficiently. It's all the more important as data collection has become more automated and you're getting swamped with tons of data.
But what can you do with all that data? You need to know how to re-arrange the data (sort), see just what you want to see (filter), create quick summaries (subtotals), restructure fields containing too much data (the exciting new Flash Fill tool and the Text to Columns feature) and eliminate redundant records. If you are setting up new lists, you need to know the powerful validation tools that keep out bad data from the start and how to drastically reduce data entry with drop-down clickable lists.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Learn the fastest, most efficient ways to sort data; sort by content, by color, or based on the order of data in a custom list; sort in random order or by re-arranging columns left-to-right
- Re-structure improperly grouped columnar data with Flash Fill or the Text to Columns feature
- Master the myriad ways of filtering data to display just the data you need
- Eliminate duplicate records from a large database
- Insert a row of subtotals in a sorted list without tediously creating new rows and formulas
- Create drop-down lists to accelerate data entry, with improved accuracy and consistency
- Convert lists into tables - gain easier data-handling and enhanced visual features
- Learn valuable functions that help you understand your data - COUNTIF, SUMIF, and more…
- Any Excel user who deals with large lists needs these tools and techniques to effectively manage the lists and become more productive. Nearly all Excel users, except for those just getting started, are candidates for this webinar.
Dennis Taylor has worked extensively with Microsoft Excel since the mid-1990s. He's traveled the United States and Canada presenting seminars and classes to help attendees unlock the full potential of Excel.
Accomplishments: Dennis has authored and presented nearly 700 webinars on various Excel topics in the past 11 years. He has also produced numerous Excel courses on video, CD, and DVD and has taught more than 500 seminars and over 5,000 classes on the subject. Dennis is the author/presenter of over 200 hours of online Excel courses available at LinkedIn Learning. Dennis also authored Teach Yourself Microsoft Office 2000 and coauthored five other titles in this field.
He's taught for numerous corporations, government agencies and colleges and universities, including: Northrop-Grumman, Raytheon, Levi Strauss, Chevron, BP, IBM, Apple, Driscoll's, Amgen, AT&T, Qwest, Anheuser-Busch, Starz-Encore, University of Phoenix, University of Colorado, US Department of Labor, Bureau of Land Management, Great-West Life Insurance, Texaco, Lexmark, Time-Warner, Environmental Protection Agency, National Seminars, and the Cities of Denver, Boulder, Longmont, and Westminster, CO.