Excel Formulas and Functions
This session will explain how perfectly we can use Excel without ever creating a formula or using a function, Formulas and functions will automate your calculations and save you a ton of time, No more mental arithmetic, Let Excel do the work for you.
More Trainings by this Expert
Built in to Excel are over 450 functions - a potent set of power tools that simplifies certain kinds of formulas and gives you a huge number of computational possibilities. Many Excel functions provide extended analytical capabilities and open the door to more efficient use of Excel.
This session gives you perspective on what functions are available and explains (with extensive examples) how to use many of them, including: the IF function (with AND and OR), the powerful VLOOKUP function, selected Date, Statistical, Financial, and Mathematical functions, and the frequently overlooked Text functions. In addition, the powerful COUNTIF/SUMIF family of functions, as well as more recently introduced functions are also covered.
Why should you Attend:
Working with formulas and functions in Excel is absolutely critical to building powerful financial and analytical worksheets and is the most important skill set for many Excel users.It's absolutely essential for Excel users who need to unleash the power of this software to learn more about Excel functions, formula concepts, and invaluable shortcuts. This session presents in-depth coverage of specific formulas and functions, as well as providing attendees with the perspective they need to understand the scope and depth of these critical Excel features.
All examples will be presented within the context of Excel worksheets based on real-life examples encountered over the past 20 years of Excel consulting and teaching experience.
With so many functions, it's no easy task to know which functions are available and which ones you might have overlooked. Numerous productivity tips, shortcuts, and accelerator tools will be presented throughout the session.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Learn how to look up information in tables and reconcile different lists using the VLOOKUP function; for specialized lookup needs, learn to use the MATCH and INDEX functions
- Learn how to use selected Text functions to extract and manipulate character and numerical data for sorting and analytical purposes
- Learn how to build 3-D formulas to tabulate data totals from multiple worksheets
- Learn how to harness the power gained from using multiple functions in a nested fashion
- Learn how and when to use the expanded capabilities of the COUNTF family of functions and newer functions -AGGREGATE, ARABIC, ISFORMULA, and FORMULATEXT
- Learn how to use the powerful IF function and the related AND and OR functions for programming-like capability
- Any Excel user who Needs to go Beyond the Basics of using Formulas or Simply wants to become more Comfortable and Productive in using Excel formulas and functions
Dennis Taylor has worked extensively with Microsoft Excel since the mid-1990s. He's traveled the United States and Canada presenting seminars and classes to help attendees unlock the full potential of Excel.
Accomplishments: Dennis has authored and presented nearly 700 webinars on various Excel topics in the past 11 years. He has also produced numerous Excel courses on video, CD, and DVD and has taught more than 500 seminars and over 5,000 classes on the subject. Dennis is the author/presenter of over 200 hours of online Excel courses available at LinkedIn Learning. Dennis also authored Teach Yourself Microsoft Office 2000 and coauthored five other titles in this field.
He's taught for numerous corporations, government agencies and colleges and universities, including: Northrop-Grumman, Raytheon, Levi Strauss, Chevron, BP, IBM, Apple, Driscoll's, Amgen, AT&T, Qwest, Anheuser-Busch, Starz-Encore, University of Phoenix, University of Colorado, US Department of Labor, Bureau of Land Management, Great-West Life Insurance, Texaco, Lexmark, Time-Warner, Environmental Protection Agency, National Seminars, and the Cities of Denver, Boulder, Longmont, and Westminster, CO.