Expedite Excel with Hidden Shortcuts
February 5, 2021
11:00 AM PST | 02:00 PM EST
More Trainings by this Expert
Product Id : 503454
Live: One Dial-in One Attendee
Corporate Live: Any number of participants
Recorded: Access recorded version, only for one participant unlimited viewing for 6 months ( Access information will be emailed 24 hours after the completion of live webinar)
Corporate Recorded: Access recorded version, Any number of participants unlimited viewing for 6 months ( Access information will be emailed 24 hours after the completion of live webinar)
Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA is fond of stating "Either you work Excel, or it works you!" In this fast-paced presentation David will share over two dozen ways that you can reclaim part of your day from Excel. You'll uncover mouse techniques, keyboard shortcuts, hidden menus, and even ways to create your own custom keyboard shortcuts in Excel.
Restore the classic print preview screen in Excel 2010 and later, undo or redo multiple actions at once, and even learn how to have Excel read words and numbers aloud to you. There's even a shortcut for toggling the Locked property of worksheet cells that you want to protect or unprotect.
David will teach from primarily from Excel 2010, but will demonstrate new features in Excel 2013 when warranted, as well as disclose any differences in Excel 2007. Coverage of Excel 2003 will be limited to questions raised by the audience.
Why should you Attend:
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Avoid frustration by understanding the nuances between Enter and Edit modes.
- Avoid repetitive work by creating a keyboard shortcut for Excel's Freeze Panes feature.
- Double-check manual inputs with ease by having Excel read numbers aloud to you.
- Keep an eye on how much your text is being reduced as you try to squeeze more onto a page.
- Learn the risks--and rewards--of double-clicking on the fill handle in Excel.
- Learn the simple trick that lets you skip the OK button within Excel's dialog boxes.
- Learn two ways to instantly display all formulas within a worksheet.
- Navigate large workbooks with ease by way of a hidden menu, as well as keyboard shortcuts.
- Never type $ signs manually in a formula again, use a keyboard shortcut instead!
- Quickly hide and unhide columns and rows by way of keyboard shortcuts
- Restore "classic" Print Preview functionality to Excel 2007 and later.
- Simplify repetitive tasks by creating your own keyboard shortcuts
- Toggle the Locked status of a worksheet cell on or off by way of a custom shortcut.
Who Will Benefit:
- Create your own keyboard shortcuts in Excel 2007 and later
- Take advantage of hidden menus and features
- Unlock hidden functionality by double-clicking on certain aspects of Excel
- CFOs, Controllers
- Investment Analysts, Financial Analysts, Business Analysts
- Forecasting & Planning, M&A Specialists (Mergers & Acquisitions)
- Risk Managers, Strategic Planners, Capital Expenditure Planners
- Cost Accountants, Managerial Accounts
David Ringstrom CPA, is an author and nationally recognized instructor who teaches scores of webinars each year. His Excel courses are based on over 25 years of consulting and teaching experience. David's mantra is "Either you work Excel, or it works you," so he focuses on what he sees users don't, but should, know about Microsoft Excel. His goal is to empower you to use Excel more effectively.