GMP Expectations for Products Used in Early Phase IND Studies
This presentation will review the GMP guidance document and discuss how it may be integrated with the recommendations of the guidance documents on CMC requirements.
April 23, 2020
10:00 AM PDT | 01:00 PM EDT
More Trainings by this Expert
Product Id : 502958
Live: One Dial-in One Attendee
Corporate Live: Any number of participants
Recorded: Access recorded version, only for one participant unlimited viewing for 6 months ( Access information will be emailed 24 hours after the completion of live webinar)
Corporate Recorded: Access recorded version, Any number of participants unlimited viewing for 6 months ( Access information will be emailed 24 hours after the completion of live webinar)
FDA issued a guidance document covering GMP requirements for Phase 1 products.
These guidelines remove some of the problems that are encountered with early phase products and are in addition to those that cover the CMC sections for IND submissions at Phase 1.
Although the guidance appears to remove the need to follow GMPs for Phase 1 products, the need to follow GMPs is still present in the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act. Thus the nature and extent of GMP-related activities will depend upon the nature of the investigational drug and the extent of the study that is planned.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Discussion of the elements found in the guidance document for Phase 1 material
- What to do at really early stages
- What about special IND studies?
- What about preclinical studies?
- Varying GMP activities that depend upon the nature of the IND product
- What are the requirements for the GMP found in the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act?
- What to do about QC activities such as instrument qualification, method validation, and process validation
- Regulatory Affairs Personnel who Coordinate Activities for the CMC Sections of Submissions
- QA/QC Personnel who Need to Plan Work on Early Stage Material
- R & D Personnel who Will Contribute data to CMC Sections
- Project Managers for Product Development Studies
- Quality Systems Auditors
Steven S. Kuwahara , Ph.D. is the founder and Principal of GXP BioTechnology LLC, a consulting firm that works in the areas covered by the GLP and GMP of drugs, biologics, and nutraceuticals. Steven has over 30 years of experience in supervising quality control laboratories, including an animal testing facility, and in performing GLP and GMP audits of internal and external testing laboratories . Steven has participated in the development of drugs and biologicals through all phases of clinical research and final product production.