Statistical Methods for Quality Improvement
January 9, 2020
10:00 AM PST | 01:00 PM EST
More Trainings by this Expert
Product Id : 502852
This webinar introduces important statistical concepts and methods for assessing and ensuring product quality.
The methods include: Statistical Process Control, Process Capability Assessment, Regression Modeling, Design of Experiments, Hypothesis Testing, and Measurement Systems Assessment.
The methods have many applications including:
Why should you Attend:
- Ensuring that I can effectively measure key characteristics
- Determining how well my process/product meets requirements
- Knowing when a process or system is behaving consistently (stable) or differently (unstable) than before
- Uncovering which key inputs to my process affect product performance or customer satisfaction
- Predicting future outcomes using a predictive model
- Comparing groups of data when random (natural) variation is present?
- Ensuring adequate sample sizes for making decisions
Many companies are swimming in data yet raw data is mostly useless without methods to turn this data into useful and actionable information. Those individuals and companies that make best use of the available data achieve a competitive advantage by optimizing their operations and making superior decisions. Companies that fail to take advantage of data are resigned to chasing rather than leading in this information age.
This webinar provides a solid introduction of important statistical concepts and methods that are essential for making objective decisions related to product quality. These methods are based on process data and allow optimal decisions to be made. Participants will understand the purpose and value provided for each of the methods discussed and understand their place in a data driven quality system.
In a relatively short session, participants will receive a solid overview of essential quantitative methods for developing process understanding, assessing current performance, and identifying methods for process improvement. Following this session, participants should be immediately be in a position to make improvements by identifying applications in their own operations.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Variation & Quality
- Measurement Systems Assessment
- Process Stability/Statistical Process Control
- Process Capability Assessment
- Predictive Models (Design of Experiments & Regression Modeling)
- Hypothesis Testing for Decision Making
- Examples & Applications
- Quality Personnel
- Manufacturing Personnel
- Operations / Production Managers
- Production Supervisors
- Supplier Quality personnel
- Quality Engineering
- Quality Assurance Managers, Engineers
- Process or Manufacturing Engineers or Managers