The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Project Managers
This webinar will help attendees to better understand important behaviors, tips, and tricks to ensure project success.
March 25, 2020
10:00 AM PDT | 01:00 PM EDT
More Trainings by this Expert
Product Id : 502952
Live: One Dial-in One Attendee
Corporate Live: Any number of participants
Recorded: Access recorded version, only for one participant unlimited viewing for 6 months ( Access information will be emailed 24 hours after the completion of live webinar)
Corporate Recorded: Access recorded version, Any number of participants unlimited viewing for 6 months ( Access information will be emailed 24 hours after the completion of live webinar)
Too often Project Leaders and Managers fall into the role due to demonstrated technical competence.
After all, if you're competent enough to create great technical output, certainly you can figure out how to run a project on schedule and within budget, right? And even when you get an opportunity to attend training to become a better Project Manager, the focus is on the "hard" or technical aspects of project management rather than the "soft" skills or habits that typically only come with experience.
Using the late Stephen Covey's framework for "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People®", this webinar will help attendees to better understand important behaviors, tips, and tricks to ensure project success.
Why should you Attend:
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Do your projects often feel more like a task list than an integrated workflow?
- Do you often feel like your project schedule has been hijacked by task owners?
- Is your project status monitored rather than measured?
- If there was one thing to get right that would guarantee project success, would you know what it is?
- Are you assuring quality in your project's deliverables or assessing it after the fact?
- Do you often feel like Management doesn't understand what you're trying to tell them about project status?
- Are you treating project management as a profession or a hobby?
Who Will Benefit:
- Treating the project plan as a system rather than a to-do-list
- Maintaining control of your project's "float" to effectively manage schedule variance
- Quantitative methods for measuring and communicating project status
- Focusing on the one thing that must be done before everything else to ensure project success
- Integrating quality management with project management
- Learning how to talk to Management about project status and have them actually understand it
- Taking project management seriously as a full-time role rather than just being something else to take care of
- Project Leader
- Project Manager
- Program Manager
- Project Management Office
Steve Gompertz is a leader in Quality Systems management with over 25 years' experience in the life-science industry.
His career includes roles in quality systems development and implementation, project management, engineering automation, configuration management, audit, and software development for companies including Pelican BioThermal, St. Jude Medical, Boston Scientific, Medtronic, Vital Images, and Control Data. He is currently President of Quality Management Systems Potential LLC, a consulting firm focusing on medical device quality.
Steve also helped develop and is an Adjunct Instructor in St. Cloud State University's Master of Science in Medical Technology Quality program.
He holds a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Lehigh University, and certifications in quality management, biomedical auditing, regulatory affairs, project management, and configuration management.