Training in Human Error: Reducing Training Related Errors
This course will provide insights into current knowledge of human error and how it can be reduced, The course will provide hands-on experience of practical error reduction techniques, using real-life case studies, You will also gain an understanding of the underlying causes of human error and how to reduce its occurrence by changing the culture of the organization and changing the design of the processes.
More Trainings by this Expert
We will discuss elements of the training programs like curricula, training management systems, training effectiveness and other important elements of a compliant training program.
Why should you Attend:
Training programs have evolved through time. Human reliability or human error is usually attributed to training effectiveness or training program weaknesses/strengths. Even though training is considered the "vaccine for mistakes" training is not responsible for most human error deviations. In order to make sure training programs are effective and can be ruled out as a root cause for human error deviations, we will discuss elements necessary when implementing/improving a training program.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- GMP regulations on the training topic
- Agencies expectations of the training program
- Training general aspects
- Responsibilities of the training program
- Requirements for New employees
- Transferred Employees
- External Service Providers
- Training Events
- Skills Qualification Program (OJT)
- Training Assessment
- Training Outline/Contents
- Technical Training
- On the Job
- Training Frequency and Topics
- Instructor's Qualifications
- Training Curricula
- Training Documentation
- Review of Training System Effectiveness
- Deviations related to performance
Who Will Benefit:
- Learn key elements of the training program in regulated environment
- List Key Performance Indicators related to training
- Learn to develop a training program
- Learn how to measure training effectiveness
- Learn when training is responsible for human error deviations
- Training Managers and Coordinators
- Plant Engineering
- QA/QC Staff
- Process Excellence/Improvement Professionals
- Industrial/Process Engineers
- Compliance Officers
- Regulatory/Legislative Affairs Professionals
- General/Corporate Counsel
- Executive Management
Ginette Collazo, Ph. D. is an Industrial-Organizational Psychologist with 20 years of experience that specializes in Engineering Psychology and Human Reliability, disciplines that study the interaction between human behavior and productivity. She has held positions leading training and human reliability programs in the Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Manufacturing Industry.
Nine years ago, Dr. Collazo established Human Error Solutions (HES), a Florida based boutique consulting firm, where she has been able to position herself as one of the few Human Error Reduction Experts in the world. HES, led by Dr. Collazo, developed a unique methodology for human error investigations, cause determination, CA-PA development and effectiveness that has been implemented and proven amongst different industries globally. This scientific method has been applied in critical quality situations and workplace accidents.
She is the author of the book Human Error: Root Cause Determination Model, published in 2008. She is also a speaker at significant events like Interphex, FDAnews Annual Conference, Global Conference on Process Safety, International Conference on Applied Human Factors and Ergonomics, and of course, Pharmaceutical Industry Association.